HeyDay Corporation

CAPITANIO Amarone della Valpolicella DOC

Information

CAPITANIO Amarone della Valpolicella DOC

This Amarone Classico begins with a careful selection of clusters harvested by hand. The grapes are then dried naturally in well ventilated rooms for 3-4 months to extract a concentration of sugar, and glycerine.

Members: 1
Latest Activity: Oct 11, 2010

CAPITANIO Amarone della Valpolicella DOC

THE WINE
This Amarone Classico begins with a careful selection of clusters harvested by hand. The grapes are then dried naturally in well ventilated rooms for 3-4 months to extract a concentration of sugar, and glycerine. A gentle pressing at low, controlled temperatures is followed by a long fermentation. 80% of the wine is aged in large Slavonian oak casks of 40 hectoliters (4,000 liters). The remaining 20% is matured in new, small French oak barrels (barriques). Total maturation lasts for a minimum of 3 years. Capitanio Amarone Classico is further refined in the bottle for at least 8 months. The resulting wine is capable of improving as it ages for 10 to 15 years, with proper storage, if you have the patience. It is also very pleasant in its youth.

THE VINE
The principal vine of the Amarone is the dark Corvina. This grape provides body, texture and flavor. The Rondinella adds color and the Molinara supplies smoothness. Since Amarone is a blend and since the wine is made from dry grapes, the tannins in Amarone are soft, making it agreeable and palatable in its youth, although Amarone is capable of aging a decade or more. Croatina is a late budding and ripening vine which grows mostly in Piedmont and Lombardy. Its young, fruity style modifies the strength of the more powerful Corvina.

TECHNICAL FACTS
Characteristics
An intense ruby red, a powerful, ethereal bouquet with nuances of berries, plums, chocolate and pepper. The taste is full, vigorous, explosive and harmonious with a long finish of grand texture

Grapes
65% Corvina Veronese, 20% Rondinella, 10% Molinara, 5% Croatina

Food Affinities
Rich, tasty dishes, grilled meats, roasts, game dishes, cheeses. By itself as a “wine of meditation”.

Sales Materials
Capitanio Fact Sheet.pdf
Capitanio Amarone V1.pdf
Capitanio Amarone Shelftalker.pdf

News Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of CAPITANIO Amarone della Valpolicella DOC to add comments!

 

Members (1)

 
 
 

Wine QUICKSEARCH


New Wines

Events

January 2018
SMTWTFS
123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031
       

© 2018   Created by HeyDay Corporation.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service